Training — Training services provided by Shift-Delete.
Shift-Delete provides practical, easy-to-follow training services for software teams. We specialize in improving development practices and preventing human-error in struggling teams, but also frequently provide technology-specific training, especially for established teams wishing to adopt new technologies.
All training courses are provided by Shift-Delete owner Ido Perlmuter.
- Understanding Git and Continuous Integration: almost all development teams use Git, and yet misunderstand and often abuse it. The average developer cannot explain what Continuous Integration even means and how it relates to Git. In this half-day course, developers learn practical, correct usage of Git, how to properly integrate with colleagues' work, and how to implement proper CI practices. This is our most popular course.
- Practical Linux: Linux is unlike most operating systems out there, and yet despite its incredible adoption in the software industry, most users' knowledge of the system is limited. This one-day course teaches developers how Linux differs from other operating systems, what a "distribution" means, how to recognize and properly use a Linux system, how to efficiently use the command line, and how to write systems for Linux.
- Go Development: this multi-day course teaches developers practical knowledge about the Go programming language, with a large emphasis on application design, patterns, security, and more.
- Python Development: this multi-day course teaches developers how to write efficient Python applications.
- Docker, Kubernetes and Cloud-Native Architectures: this multi-day course teaches developers, SREs and DevOps professionals about Cloud-Native architectures and technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker.
- HTTP and RESTful Web Development: everybody writes web applications, and everybody says they have a "REST API", but not many do it correctly or efficiently. This multi-day course teaches basic and advanced HTTP, how to design and implement RESTful web APIs that are secure, versioned, efficient and consistent.